Wednesday 25 May 2011

Mean Girls 2 (2011)

Tara says:
As good as the first one.... not at all! I was disappointed because the first one was so good. In this one the characters have become extremely cheesy and annoying. You even cringe and some of the lines they say. The plot wasn't exactly the best and no where near as funny apart from a few one liners which Reece laughed at, a lot more than I did. None of the original cast were in it except for the principal of the school, not that he had much to do with the film. It felt as though they were trying to hard to make it as good as the first one. The plot followed the new girl coming to the school and the 'plastics' making it difficult for her... blah blah blah! I kept comparing the cast from the first one.... Lindsey Lohan vs. Meaghan Martin. Lindsey's character playing a girl that has been home schooled by her parents whilst touring the world vs. Meaghan's character a tomboy who lives with her dad  who repairs cars?! I think thats right, well obviously wasn't paying that much attention... AND of course Rachel McAdams vs. Maiara Walsh... Rachel beating her character every time...All in all I thought it was a bad attempt at making a prequel when they could have made it amazing...


Tara's Rating: 






Reece says:
From the moment I first noticed the box in Tara's hands on the way to the checkout I could tell this film was going to be bad. I just had the feeling that watching this film was going to be a few hours of my life that I was never going to get back. These were all just pre-judgements though, so I sat there with an open mind trying and to be honest for the first time in a while my pre-judgements were... right! This film was truly tragic and does not deserve to have even a slight hold on the Mean Girls title. Now don't get me wrong I like chick flicks, the first Mean Girls was a good film but this was in a league of bad all on its own. The characters were weak, though credit where credits due the main character was well acted by Meaghan Martin, other than that the story was bad and the script was predictable. Granted I laughed a few times, though I felt ashamed at laughing at such a bad film so tried to hold it in so that Tara would not notice and be smug that I am laughing at a film I clearly don't like!


In comparison with the first one Mean Girls 2 just was not mean it was more lacklustre and half arsed. For any Mean Girls fan this film I am sure was a huge disappointment, so please no Mean Girls 3 unless they bring back the original cast and a mean script. So final verdict on Mean Girls 2 is an absolute shocker, a good film title dragged through dirt!


Reece's Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment