Wednesday 15 June 2011

Paul (2011)

Reece says:


It is 3:14am as I start to write this as I can't sleep so I apologise for any mistakes in this piece :) Anyway lets get started... Paul well some how Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have done three completely different film and just like all the others this one was epic! Who would have thought you could have written a script about two nerds a camper van and an alien. For some insane reason it worked so well, the film was hilarious with so many great unexpected jokes and also some unexpected celebrity appearances which added to the films sense of what the hell is coming next? I think I should take a second to mention Paul voiced by Seth Rogen, the character and animation were just brilliant, the take on Paul not looking like us but sounding and behaving in such a human way was a great take on extra terrestrials.


Hats off to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost for writing and acting out such a great film, you get the film that being a nerd is becoming cool and well accepted in society and this film shows this well. There are some classic moments in the film that won't be forgotten like the bird scene and the comic book store scene (I am laughing now as I recollect the scenes in my mind). I did watch this film on Sky Box Office but I think tomorrow my film collection will get another addition (for any body thinking what it could be its what I have been writing about for the last 10 minutes). So this is an easy conclusion with Paul you should watch it, buy it, own it... need I say anymore? (the time is now 3:25 goodnight).


Reece's rating: 


Tara says:

Paul is a very funny film, before watching I had people telling me that it wasn't as good as the other cornetto films (tbh I don't even know where the cornetto was in this one) well anyway... they were wrong. I felt that it held its own against Shaun of the dead and Hot Fuzz as I loved them all equally as much. I loved the character Paul, as he looked like the stereotypical 'alien' he certainly wasn't one. He lived more of a human life than the rest of the main characters did, but all he wanted to do was just go home. I thought the whole storyline where he falls from the sky and lands near a little girls home, to the geeks that go in search for alien life forms on holiday in america, to him leaving in almost an 'E.T' style moment (with added humour of course) was amazing and well written. 



I felt that by them giving Paul powers to bring dead things back to life wasn't going to work, but it did very well... and I too am laughing at the bird scene (watch it to find out). His power to show everyone what the truth was too was also a clever plot line by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the characters that didn't want to believe in Paul had to and even through his rudeness you love him as a person and really don't wan't him to die at the end.... (I'm not saying he does... or am I?) 
It really is a must see, I could watch it over and over again and not get sick of it.. Need to get it on DVD :)

Tara's rating:  


No comments:

Post a Comment