Thursday 7 July 2011

Hangover: Part II (2011)

Reece says:

When I heard that there was going to be a Hangover sequel I got so excited that I checked www.ign.com every day for the first trailer release and when it finally came it did not disappoint. Then along came the film and a standard trip to the cinema with my beautiful girlfriend was in order. As we sat in the cinema waiting for the film we both wondered the same thing could they really do a sequel that was going to be as unique and un predictably hilarious like the first?

The answer is Yes!... and no, well kind of no... let me explain. Firstly the positives; the hangover part II manages to be pretty much completely unique in terms of your never quite sure what is going to happen next and I think that is due to the setting (Bangkok) which alters the dynamics slightly, it allows for different jokes. One thing that I have to mention is the film opening which is similar to the first with Phil on the phone saying ‘It’s happened again’, I really made me excited to watch the rest of the film. There are some really original jokes in the film though there are also so recycled ones which are slightly altered sure one or two of them were worth recycling the others just were old. Whilst I am touching on the negative side I may aswell bring forth the negative aspects there are only two that I can think of:

1)   The setting: Bangkok was a very sinister setting which made things seem a little dangerous and scary rather than funny.
2)      Mr Chu: Yes he re-appears and from the outset he is annoying, granted funny in the 1st film but a bit recycled and crappy for the second. (and is it me or does is Chinese accent sound false in this film).

Those are the only negative points that come to mind which says loads for the film. So I’ll wrap it up now so you can get out there and go and watch the Hangover Part II because you should it is truly hilarious. A funny summer film well worth watching, please let them risk a Part III!


Reece's rating:
Hilarious, hope I never have a hangover in Bangkok 
     Tara says:
     
     Hangover Part II, funny, but not good as the first by far. I felt it lacked comedy that the first film had and gained a more dangerous side to it. I think that fact it was set in Bangkok gave the film that edgy feeling and kept you on your seat unknown to what might happen next, I mean Mr.Chow 'died' more or less at the start of the film which I didn't expect at all. Then to find afterwards he's alive and becomes the annoying character that perhaps should have stayed with the first film.

     The film was again based around a wedding and a stag do that went wrong, this time Doug wasn't the guy getting married and ending up lost, he stayed out of the film once again but this time safe and sound. The same can not be said for Stu's bride to be's brother, who is the one missing after their night out. Before even watching the film I was unsure how they were going to be able to make another film along the same lines but without it being identical. 

     Okay so without comparing it to the first Hangover which I loved it had some funny moments. The monkey I thought was a good addition to the film and gave a sad moment with Alan when the monkey got shot. All in all I would watch it again... maybe :P


     Tara's rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment