Saturday 16 July 2011

X Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Reece says:


I am a fan of the X Men franchise, along with others I think X Men is one of the great comic book to screen adaptions. The trilogy before this film was really good with some great mutant filled action that would usually leave me wishing I had some cool mutant power and one that I really would not mind is Wolverine's. I think that the only origins style film they could have done was Wolverine as he was/is such a stand out X Men character played by the brilliant Hugh Jackman who was a brilliant piece of casting.


So was X Men Origins Wolverine any good? Well yes, first off they had a great main ingredient in Wolverine and secondly a good story line to go with it. Tara said to me that there were not enough mutants in it but you have to remember this is pre Charles Xavier and the X Men, before mutants became a focus/noticed by the public. I really enjoyed the story with the battle between Wolverine and his brother, with this the reasons for him becoming the metal riddled mutant he is.It was also nice to see briefly both a young Cyclops and Charles Xavier which gave the film a larger endorsement from the already present X men franchise. The film contains some truely staggering mutant battle scenes with some brilliant CGI. So all in all X Men is a brilliant addition to the X Men movie series and for me definitely better than one or two of the films in the already standing trilogy.


Reece's rating:
Cracking prequel

Tara says:

For some unknown reason I had been putting watching this film off... I didn't know if it was going to wreck the x-men films as I've loved them all or make it better. I felt that it was good, not amazing but just good. It did have me hooked and we got to see mutants before they were in xavier's school we even caught a glimpse of cyclops as a young boy which was good. 


I did like the fact that this film was purely based on Wolverine who is, in my opinion, the best xmen... I mean come on its Hugh Jackman, who is an amazing actor and extremely good looking. Anyway... moving on. I do like this film, although I did find something confusing... I mean what happened to Logans brother? what happened to the weird mutant that they made? There were just so many questions and I know the next film won't answer it because the new film is based even before this. Hmmm. Reece is right, I did say that there weren't enough mutants and thats what I like about x-men, that every single one has a unique talent and we get to see it, in this it was briefly touched upon I think when one girl was bullet proof, and her sister could persuade people to do what she said and they would. I'm not going to say much more because I don't remember the rest, I'm just looking forward to the next film now :)






Tara's rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment